Radiation Safety Service (RSS) of Isotope technologies CJSC is a certified testing laboratory, which has accreditation to independence and technical competence in the National accreditation system of the Republic of Belarus in accordance with the requirements of STB ISO/IEC (accreditation certificate № BY/112 02.2.0.2795 dated 11.09.2006).
Core operations of RSS are the following:
- Measurement of equivalent dose rate of X-ray, neutron and gamma radiation;
- Measurement of beta-particle and neutron fluence rate;
- Measurement of air kerma rate and of photon radiation absorbed dose in water;
- Determination of beta-particle surface contamination;
- Isotope determination, determination of specific activity and activity concentration of gamma-emitting radionuclides in samples (except for food and drinking water);
- Air sampling.
These operations can be performed as a part of:
- Recertification of sources (including Ni-63 sources) in order to prolong their expired service life;
- Installation (deinstallation), source exchange and maintenance of apparatus for medical, industrial and scientific use, gamma ray projectors, radiation devices and installations;
- Instrumental measurements of environmental hazards on a work place;
- Other (related to ionizing radiation).